DOOH Best Practices
Want to make your digital billboards better? Here are a few simple tips that will help ensure your message gets across with clarity on digital out-of-home.
Concept is key! Your audience will spend only a couple seconds with your ad so don’t complicate things. Make those seconds count!
High contrast, eye-catching photos with large and clear text work best.
Nobody remembers a boring ad. Stick to 1 idea and make sure it‘s a good one!
- Do use large, bold, high contrast, & sans-serif fonts
- Do use large photos and imagery
- Do use less than 7 words
- Do stay consistent with your brand across multiple platforms
- Do convey a single concept
- Don’t use subtle or small text, layer transparencies or textures
- Don’t use too much whitespace.
White on digital billboards is very bright and can flood the design
- Don’t forget to proof.
Check your designs by exporting them to the actual size and stand back. Pretend they’re a football field away and evaluate